Be Sure to Visit BenFranklinToday.com and ‘Ben Franklin Today’ on Facebook
Philadelphia, PA – July 27, 2012 – This summer, the younger, wittier Ben Franklin, Ben Franklin Today, has been as busy as ever, with special guest appearances at a variety of special events throughout the historic Delaware Valley and the City of Philadelphia.
So far this summer, the younger, wittier Ben Franklin has:
- Served as a special guest “ice cream scooper” alongside former Pennsylvania Governor/former Philadelphia Mayor Ed Rendell and other local celebrities during the Philadelphia Business Journal's special benefit for Habitat for Humanity at Bassett’s Ice Cream Co. in the landmark Reading Terminal Market in Center City Philadelphia. Today's Ben Franklin, along with Governor Rendell and other local celebrities, were on hand as "celebrity ice cream scoopers" at the event (Thursday, May 17, 2012) celebrating the Philadelphia Business Journal's 30th Anniversary.
- On June 7th, the younger, wittier Ben Franklin served as the guest master of ceremonies at the Philadelphia Direct Marketing Association’s Benjamin Franklin Award for Direct Marketing Excellence at the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ.
- On June 28th, the younger, wittier Ben Franklin entertained Governor Rendell and over 200 guests at a reception for the North American Southeast Asia Bar Association Convention at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- On July 1st, Ben Franklin Today presented the awards to the winning rowers at the 132nd Independence Day Regatta on the Schuylkill River, part of the Philadelphia Classic Regatta Series.
- The younger, wittier Ben Franklin served as the tour guide for over a dozen International representatives of RES Software on a bus tour of the region, starting at the Philadelphia Art Museum and the “Rocky” statue and ending at the historic Reading Terminal Market.
- On July 21st, Ben Franklin Today presented the prestigious “Benny” trophy to the winning club at the annual Philadelphia Youth Regatta, part of the Philadelphia Classic Regatta Series on the historic Schuylkill River.
- And on July 25th, the younger, wittier Ben Franklin delivered the welcoming remarks and met the guests in attendance at the National Association of Power Engineers Convention at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
As portrayed by DeVitis, the young and witty Ben Franklin Today is not a staid and stuffy historical figure dusted off for bored schoolchildren to pass along the way, more than the face on a $100 bill, Franklin is an engaging and thoughtful figure who was not only a statesman but an inventor, a musician, a writer, a printer, founder of the post office and the library.
a multi-talented sensation of
in the 18th Century who has come back to live in the 21st
Century to share his experiences as one of the sensations of the age. Philadelphia
The young and witty Ben Franklin Today can be found online, at http://www.BenFranklinToday.com, where he can be invited (for a modest fee) to attend your special events, either in the City of Philadelphia, or in areas surrounding William Penn’s Green Country Towne. The young and witty Ben Franklin Today is a gifted raconteur who can speak to any and all groups on topics including American history,
history, and the life that
earned him the title “The First
Ben Franklin Today has been visiting schools, social events, and business events around the Greater Philadelphia region since last fall. Will your event be next? For additional information about the young and witty Ben Franklin Today, including rates and availability, visit http://www.BenFranklinToday.com or via Facebook at
Jim DeLorenzo Public Relations