Credit & Collections Expert Andy Harmelin of A. I. Consulting Works with Architecture & Engineering Firms like Lonny Rossman’s API Partners to Solve Collection Challenges


Philadelphia, PA – May 10, 2011 – The credit and collections process can be daunting if you a small business with a cash-flow challenge. It’s also a challenge for architecture and engineering firms, which are traditionally focused on delivering critical solutions for their customers, not looking after their credit and collections process.

That was the situation for Lonny Rossman, a Licensed Architect who is a Principal with API Partners, Inc., an Executive Search Firm that specializes in professionals that design and manage the built environment – Architecture, Engineering, Real Estate and Design Professionals.

And in that niche, the quiet leader in solving credit and collections process challenges is Andy Harmelin, the principal of A. I. Consulting, LLC.

A. I. Consulting, which Harmelin founded in 2000, provides engineering, architectural and environmental companies in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and the Mid-Atlantic region with cash flow improvement by offering recovery of past due accounts, cash flow solutions and credit evaluation. Harmelin brings over 20 years of experience in the industry to his role at A. I. Consulting.

“I first met Andy Harmelin as a result of a referral from a colleague in the American Institute of Architects (AIA),” said Rossman. “I had a few clients with unpaid invoices over several months, and I tried to pursue them myself and it just didn’t work. After a while, I thought it was a lost cause. I met with Andy, and he asked me if I had any outstanding balances, and I told him I thought they were too old. He said, give me what you’ve got, and he not only found a way to get full payment, he collected full payment plus interest.”

Before launching A. I. Consulting in 2000, Harmelin worked for several engineering and architecture firms in the Greater Philadelphia area for over 30 years. His company works to improve a client’s cash flow and bottom line by developing and customizing solutions that produce maximum results.

“Andy takes care of the whole credit and collection process for us,” said Rossman. “I’m an Executive Search professional and an Architect, what Andy does is not my area of expertise. There have been three situations over the past few years where I’ve needed Andy, and he’s been successful all three times in securing payment. I have recommended him to other firms, and I value the professional friendship we’ve developed during that time. From the beginning, he outlined his unique approach to collections, informed me of his progress during the process, and resolved the situations successfully.”

A 1970 graduate of Drexel University with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Harmelin is qualified as an expert in the field of credit and collections by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and is on the roster of TASA, a nationally recognized firm providing experts to attorneys in support of litigation.

“The challenge that faces many design firms and companies that serve that industry, such as API Partners, is the credit and collection function and its impact on the property and financial well-being of their firms,” said Harmelin. “Working with Lonny Rossman included getting the proper documentation of the client relationship and the debt owed, and in one instance, recommending the proper legal counsel to bring a successful resolution. In many cases with my clients, I’m introducing them to new credit and collection procedures, identifying potentially difficult new clients, showing them how to deal with difficult clients, as well as in-house training and periodic progress audits.”

Additional information about Andy Harmelin and A. I. Consulting, LLC is available at
http://www.ai-consultingllc.com.

Media Contact:
Jim DeLorenzo
Jim DeLorenzo Public Relations
215-266-5943
jim@jhdenterprises.com